Ragnarok Builder Server set up

Here is the list of Mods for the builder server.

• Advanced Rafts
  • Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture
  • eco In Wonderland
  • eco's Garden Decor
  • eco's RP Decor
  • ecoTrees
  • OzoCraft 1.7
  • Platforms Plus
  • Reusable Plus
  • SM Stacks (Vanilla and SE ) v.1.16
  • Structures Plus (S+)
  • Teleport Pad v1.31 (admin only spawn, used for travel to and from Community area)
  • Homing Pigeon
  • Bore Water Kit

Rates -
XP: 2x
Gather: 2.5x
Taming: 3x
Egg laying interval: 0.3x
Egg hatch speed: 5x
Baby mature speed: 4x
Mating interval: 1.5x

Server Rules -
No mass land grab and/or Pillar/foundation spamming
No massive bases (use common sense)
No raiding
No blocking of resource and public areas by either buildings, turrets, or tames. Protected areas include spawn points, Oil nodes, Obilisks,
Only 1 Tribe base and 1 Personal outpost is allowed (base is defined by a set of buildings with a wall surrounding them, an outpost is one building).
Absolutely no destroying others creations.
Clean up after yourself.

Some things to keep in mind if this is your first time building with mods. Not all building mods work well together. We've selected some that work the best but they all still have their qwirks. You can see that in the community area where one house is all Ozo Craft and the other is all Castle and Keeps. You just have to play around with snap points and see what you get. Sometimes you'll get happy accidents.

Structures Plus is really a base building mod and a lot of it should be worked into ARK. You can do alot with Structures Plus alone. The rest add some flavor to the game.

Teleport pad - This mod is not available to anyone and just provides a means of transport between the 3 Obilisks and the Community area.

Here is the community island. Inside of the walls are resource areas for the community to use and some new player temporary housing.
Outside of the walls, each player can build one house which will not count towards structure rule. The only thing we ask is that it not be more than 6 foundations and that tribes try and stay closer together.

Posted | Last updated

I had walked away from ark due to the old changes but with the boosted rates and a build focus this seems fun! ill have to try it out, Some of these mods look awesome!

Posted

Can anyone tell me how thhis server is listed in the servers list in Ark? I have only been able to join by using link from this website, but that doesn't always work.

Posted

I just created a short video on how I had to add it to your Favorites because I was having the same problem as you. Guessing since the servers are new, they may not show up when you search for them right now.

https://youtu.be/h0zaAuaHxB4

Here is the IP address I used: 66.70.180.241:27045

Posted | Last updated

Thanks!

Posted

Nice that is great NP! Thanks :)

Posted

I had walked away from ark due to the old changes but with the boosted rates and a build focus this seems fun! ill have to try it out, Some of these mods look awesome!

Good to hear you are thinking about joining us again! :)

Posted

I'm enjoying the new Rag server.. very nice.

But a few things i've noted:
The save taking place every hour seems to last about 10-15 seconds, much better than before, but it is every hour.
The new mods are nice, some more than others. Shame there's no way to hide certain things I don't want/need to see.. like all the Tek gear at the top.
Still on mods.. it takes me almost 2 minutes to load into the server because of the amount of mods, and my PC is not slow by any standards. Not sure if this is server or client side though.

Anyway, happy surviving!

Posted

Trilaac, Not sure what side it is either but it seems to happen with mods in general. I've joined other servers with mods and it's the same thing. Some shorter, some longer it seems to depend on the overall size of the mods. This is one of the reasons we're hesitate to add anymore mods such as ORP. It's because it's loading the mods.

Once the server is in Favorites it doesn't seem to take as long. Not sure why though.

Posted

Hi Trilaac!

I just tested the save time on Ragnarok and the save itself seem was 2 seconds, we'll keep an eye on it :)

Posted | Last updated

@NP, Would you maybe mind making a new post with your Youtube video? Then I'll pin that post in general :)

Posted

Saves have come down in time and client lag.. down to about 4 seconds, so that's a massive improvement over what I saw the first few times on day 1. Must have been a client side issue.
Mods are still causing slow loads, but same server join time whether server is favourited or not. I wonder if it's checking for a new version each time and comparing mod data before loading?

Anyway.. is the 3x XP and increased stats all this week, or this coming weekend (23-24)?

Posted

Saves have come down in time and client lag.. down to about 4 seconds, so that's a massive improvement

We are very happy with the improvement as well! But we are going to keep monitoring it.

Mods are still causing slow loads

A few mods from the previous mod list have been removed because of the slow load. Josh tested this all and found for example one mod that was causing 1 extra minute to load.

Anyway.. is the 3x XP and increased stats all this week, or this coming weekend (23-24)?

The higher rates are active this week, we enabled them this morning. And we'll deactivate them next Monday morning. (18 September)

Posted

The slow load time is just because the mods are loading. Not sure there is really anything you can do beside remove the mods. Once you're loading from the Server selection screen in Ark you can watch the progress.

Posted

You can try testing the -usecache launch parameter for your client. The patchnotes say it was deprecated and implemented by default, but this might still give some advantages with mod loadspeed.

Other than that, its just part of modded servers :)

Posted