The Need-Want. For all your trading needs.

Hey All

I have built the first part of the Need-Want, and, in some opinions, the most important bit... the bar!

The bar is located to the west of the community island. From the teleport pad, go through the behemoth gates to the left, across the shallows to the next island. There are 2 stone piers, one on either side of the island, where you can dock ships and whales, etc

I'm in the process of making a grill for cooking, and some cupboard for storing.

Also, i've built brew barrells, so if anyone would like to donate glass jars (empty) to put beer in, that'd be great!

I'll start building a bazarre/trading area next. Now i've seen some of the cool things I can make with the new mods, it'll be quite colourful.

Please note- although the bar is located in the Scorched Earth area, it does get cold at night. I've placed 2 ship spotlights on the roof. They run on gasoline, wood, sparkpowder or thatch.
There's also a fence around the area to try and keep roaming wild dinos out. But there are gateways you can go through.

Posted | Last updated

Hi Trilaac!

What a great initiative to make the community area better! Thanks a lot :)
I'll definitely have a look around! And drink a beer, haha.

It's possible to have a screeshot here in the post: ![] (https://i.imgur.com/MavjJPW.jpg)
You only have to remove the space in between the ] ( and it will be a screenshot on the forum :)

Posted

ah. Fixed, thanks!
The code it shows doesn't explain not to remove the ()

Posted

In the picture with the barrels, is that room just some ruins or prebuiltcastle in the map, or is that actual things we can build with some of the mods here? I think that would look amazing in my cave base.

It gives a great cellar look for your beer brewing.

Posted | Last updated

It's a prebuilt cellar building that's part of the map. It can't be destroyed, but can be built around/on.

I've used adobe and built there as I think it gives it a mediterranean feel.

In the swamp area, there are a few buildings and ruins (mostly overgrown wiht moss) that look awesome to build on. Although the vast majority of these the lower levels are underwater.

Posted

I WISH they had arches like that to build with. I would be sooo nice.

Just an FYI - With the CKF mod (and the castle engrams) you can change the look of the wall to all sorts of options. I'll try and get a picture of all the differences later tonight.

Posted