I did some research on the timer mechanism for obelisks which turned out to be fruitless as WildCard probally hardcoded this within their system. The thing is that I came up with the idea: "what if people could store a set amount of dino's for a longer, if not unlimited time?" This would greatly reduce server load. But again, this is not ( yet ) possibile.
Do not worry though since we have the Tek Transmitter Which will take some time to obtain but it surely adds to the challenge of the game.
Then at last, I am pretty sure you already knew of the Tek Transmitter, all I tried to do is give a different perspective on the matter, since oh boy I would love a setting to alter the timer on the obelisks ;)
P.S. Did you know you could even build a waterpen in some pond and download/upload your water creatures there? Imagine your river/land base being defended by eels! :D
Kind regards, NLBlackEagle
Scrap the above
I just found a metod, I am sure I did some thorougly research :O
Note: Set to 0 for unlimited ( Needs testing, not confirmed! ) And I do suggest putting up a poll for this so that all the championark survivors have a say in this. Here are the cons and pro's:
- Dino's wont need feeding since their uploaded
- Server load will be less since dino's are stored in file formats
- Less base lagg overall.
- Easier transport mentioned by Ruben
- People need less room for dino's, on a small scale per tribe but huge if you count all the tribes and additional structures. Again: Farewell base-lagg and maybe even rubberbanding!
- Assesement enemy tribe is going to be a bit harder when it comes to strength ( Minor, since tribes can hide their dino's anyway )
- WildCard will ( later on ) introduce an structure that can store dino's into data formats. This may become too overpowered in combination with the unlimited obelisk time that may be implemented. But when it does you can simply put the timer back on. ( Handy to notify players before unlimited time is even implemented so they wont be stepped on their toes when the function withdraws from ChampionArk. )
With this discovery I also refer back to the subject: [ Extra Suggestion - Unlimited time & upload limit: 100 ]
Thanks alot for this topic @Ruben, I wouldnt have discovered this if you wouldnt have posted it, now all we can do is pray for less base lagg due to less dinos and such :D